Volunteering with the Evanston 4th of July Association
Help us make this year's celebration the best one ever by volunteering your time before, during, and after our festivities!
To volunteer for this year's celebration team, please contact our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com or call (847) 637-5236.
Each year, a group of association volunteers organizes and produces the Independence Day events in Evanston. Here are some of the areas in which volunteers can participate:
- Publicity - create public awareness of the celebration and its activities
- Display - place and remove U.S Flags from along the Central Street parade route
- Sports - organize and supervise games and sports events for children and adults
- Parade - organize and administer the parade
- Hosts - prepare the parade assembly area and accompany participants on the parade route
- Radio Communications - Help coordinate parade and fireworks activities with our communications arm, the North Shore Emergency Association
- Information booth - supply parade hosts with materials and assembly information